SOSi-Vykin is currently looking for a Secret cleared Network Administrator to join our team in Ramstein, Germany. The successful candidate will receive competitive wages, health plans and the opportunity to join a company that still believes every employee counts.
Responsible for planning, designing, acquisition, installing, and maintaining LAN and WAN, electronic mail, telecommunications, and PC based systems and related software. Evaluate hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and telecommunications equipment. Set up and administer security procedures; troubleshoot problems; establish and implement LAN policies and their conformance; coordinate activities of LAN support personnel, providing guidance on common networking issues. Assess vendor products; manage network performance, troubleshoot problems, and maintain network security.
· Establish Network information requirements using analysis from the Network Engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure (CAN, MAN, WAN).
· Design architecture to include software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
· Ensure Network systems are compatible and in compliance with standards for open systems architectures. The Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models and profiles of as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the network layers, across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application.
· Ensure that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant.
· Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of workflows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
· Manage usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
· Maintain network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
· Evaluate hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
· Participate in developing and implementing network-related procedures and standards.
· Participate in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
· Interface with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
· Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
· Provide advice and training to end-users.
· Troubleshoot and resolve complex network problems.
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
· Set up administrator and service accounts.
· Maintain system documentation.
· Patch and update network device operating systems to Department of Defense guidelines.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Cisco IOS and NX-OS based network devices.
· Develop scripts and tools to automate and improve user support activities.
· Monitor overall network health and troubleshoots reported events.
· Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices (i.e. call manager, routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, Crypto, QoS).
· Apply and enforce patches, updates, and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
· Resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including email, file transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing, authentication, and the like.
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
· Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
· May perform additional network administration duties as directed.
· May administer network security and/or maintain network security appliances.
Required Knowledge and Experience
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The work location is a government facility located on a military installation in Ramstein, Germany supporting a DoD customer. The successful applicant will be working for and reporting directly to the prime contractor or the DoD customer as appropriate.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
SOSi-Vykin is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, HIV-positive status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and all persons involved in the operations of the company are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct.